Top 10 books I read in 2021 (+ challenges update)

12:00

Hi everyone, and Happy New Year! Here are my top 10 books that I read this year.

- This May End Badly may be a 2022 book, but if that is how the books will be next year, I can't wait. It was such a fantastic debut, and kept me gripped from start to finish!
- This was a book I wasn't too sure what to expect, but These Hollow Vows completely blew me away!
- I've always loved Jenn's books, and The Hawthorne Legacy was just right for the series - bring on The Final Gambit.
- Any book which has a slight reference to Austen is bound to be for me, and this retelling of P&P was breathtaking - Pride and Premeditation is a book I'd recommend.
- I was late to the party when it came to These Violent Delights, but both that, and the sequel, Our Violent Ends, was phenomenal.
- The Rakehell of Roth was more than I could wish for, and I had really high expectations for this one!
- This was my first book by Erica, but definitely not my last! The Duke Heist was amazing.
- To Love and to Loathe is one of the best enemies to lovers books I have ever read, and so funny too!
- My first book by Lorraine, and one that has stayed with me long after the final page. I just adored this book, and can't wait to read more of her Lorraine's work!
- Kate's last series, Bow Street Bachelors, was a favourite of mine, so I definitely had high hopes for her newest book. A Reckless Match lived up to all expectations, and some!

I also set myself a few challenges this year, and I think I did alright!

2021 Reading Challenge

2021 Reading Challenge
Sophie has read 0 books toward her goal of 52 books.
hide
Novel Knight

118 out of 50 (236%)
(un) Conventional Bookworms

155 out of 50 (310%)
Well, I now realise this was quite a long post, thanks for reading it all!

I hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas/holiday season, and have a fantastic New Year!  2021 has not been what I was expecting, but there's been ups as well as downs. Here's hoping 2022 will be fantastic! Let me know your favourite books for this year too.

You Might Also Like

0 comments