Top 10 books I read in 2020 (+ challenges update)

12:00

Hi everyone, and Happy New Year! Here are my top 10 books that I read this year.

- The Midnight Lie was such a wonderful return to Marie's lyrical writing, and I was overjoyed when my review copy arrived!
- This was my first foray into Elizabeth's writing, but Not The Duke's Darling was simply perfection.
- Another fantastic historical romance, this time set in the Victorian Era, and Lady Lucie was just such a fantastic main character. I'd definitely recommend A Rogue of One's Own.
- I had been putting this book off for so long, but decided to binge the entire series. Heart of Thorns just blew me away with how nitty and thought provoking it was.
- I've always adored Sara's books, and this one was no different. Set Fire to the Gods was the Roman gladiator inspired fantasy I never knew I wanted, but am so glad I've read!
- Kerri's Stalking Jack the Ripper series will always be one of my favourites, and her newest release, Kingdom of the Wicked, was even better!
- The Inheritance Games was a wonderful mystery, a la Knives Out, and if I didn't already love Jenn's writing, I would now.
- Just like book 1, Majesty was the perfect royal inspired YA contemporary, and I can't wait for what happens next.
- Who's That Earl was such a gripping historical romance, and I'm desperate to get my hands on One Thing Leads to a Lover!
- By The Book just grabbed my Austen loving heart, and twisted it until I was grinning reading every page. So cute!

Honourable Mention:
- After discovering my love for historical romances this year, and hearing about the Bridgerton TV show on Netflix, I was gifted the book series for Christmas and utterly devoured them. The Bridgerton family are such a wonderful bunch, and I adored this series of books!

I also set myself a few challenges this year, and I think I did alright!

2020 Reading Challenge

2020 Reading Challenge
Sophie has read 0 books toward her goal of 52 books.
hide
Novel Knight 

111 out of 25 (444%)
Andi ABCs

30 out of 25 (120%)
(un) Conventional Bookworms

110 out of 25 (440%)
Well, I now realise this was quite a long post, thanks for reading it all!

I hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas/holiday season, and have a fantastic New Year!  2020 has been a difficult year for us all, and we deserve to have enjoyment. Let me know your favourite books for this year too.

You Might Also Like

0 comments