ARC Review: Shy Girls Can't Date Frenemies by Milly Rose

10:00

Shy Girls Can't Date Frenemies
Series: None
Author: Milly Rose
Published May 28th 2023 by Halo & Claws Publishing

Goodreads Synopsis
Falling for my best friend's twin brother was not part of the plan...

At my fancy private school, I’m the poor girl.

I’m also a lousy student, jeopardizing my scholarship.

Even worse, my soccer coach benches me until my grades improve.

My only hope is mind-numbing tutoring sessions with nerdy Milo.

While we study, his cologne wafts my way. I fixate on his hands. Soon, his voice lulls me into fantasy.

It’d horrify my best friend to know I’m crushing on his twin brother, whom we agreed is the enemy.

This attraction must stay a secret. But when Milo leans in with those kissable lips, deep down, I know what I want.
Goodreads

Review
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher via NetGalley. This in no way impacted on my view.

Jamie has always been one of the guys, and would rather spend time on the soccer field, or at the skate park, then studying. Unfortunately she is at her prestigious private school on scholarship, and her aunt can't afford to pay the fees. When her grades slip, and she's benched from the soccer team, Jamie knows she needs to focus, and not spend all of her time with her best friend, Kai. So when Kai's bookish twin brother, Milo, offers to help Jamie study, in return for sports training, she'd be a fool to say no, right?

This was a little of an impulse request on NetGalley, and one which was an alright read. I didn't really like Jamie all that much at first, and thought the plot line was contrived too, but once we hit the half way mark or so, it was a lot better. Milo and Jamie's relationship started rocky, but was really sweet by the end. Kai was a bit of a dick, and he wasn't the best friend to Jamie when she needed someone, but again, he turned out alright in the end. This was a decent book, 3 stars, but not that memorable.

Dates Read:
May 12-13, 2023

Rating
3 Stars

You Might Also Like

0 comments