ARC Review: Clarity (Diamonds of the First Water #1) by Sydney Jane Baily

10:00

Clarity
Series: Diamonds of the First Water #1
Author: Sydney Jane Baily
Published April 7th 2022 by WOLF Publishing

Goodreads Synopsis
She’s a fun-loving earl’s daughter and he’s a titled stick in the mud!

Firstborn daughter of a prominent family, Lady Clarity Diamond came into the world smiling and has always brightened the lives of everyone around her. This social season, she’s decided to find a husband amongst her flock of suitors. And then her childhood friend appears, tall, handsome, and … as amusing as a box of rocks.

Lord Alex Hollidge’s heart turned to stone, and the laughter died in his eyes the moment he was orphaned. Taking up the mantle of a viscount at a young age, he has known nothing but responsibility and the tragedy of life. Now, it’s time to take a wife. Pity the lovely Lady Clarity is too frivolous to be his viscountess.

With everything—and everyone—telling Alex and Clarity to stay apart, and both of them promised to others, will their smoldering desire be snuffed out before it can blaze into love?
Goodreads

Review
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher. This in no way impacted on my view.

First born daughter, Lady Clarity Diamond, is ready to be married. She, and her sisters, and diamonds of the ton, and she finds joy and happiness in everything she does. But, she can't forget her childhood friend, and neighbour, Alex. Alex was orphaned at a young age, and being forced to become Viscount, and live with his dour aunt, has changed him beyond belief. Now, he is the shadow of the boy that Clarity once knew, and Alex finds Clarity too frivolous and carefree to be the woman for him. But when desire becomes too much, and they marry, will their differing characters ruin it all?

When I started reading this book, I'm going to admit, I couldn't stop rolling my eyes. I mean, the names of the daughters, and how cringy parts of the descriptions were, I nearly DNFed it. However, I was on a plane, and I really want to clear my NG shelf, so I persevered, and it did improve - somewhat. Clarity and Alex as people, were alright. They weren't anything special, but I did find myself invested in their relationship, and wanting them to find happiness - and see the downfall of Alex's wicked aunt. The ending definitely made up for the bad beginning, and I probably will continue with the series, but I'm not jumping at it, nor will I re-read this one.

Dates Read:
April 14-15, 2022

Rating
3 Stars

You Might Also Like

0 comments