ARC Review: Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #3) by Jenny Han

10:00

Always and Forever, Lara Jean
Series: To All the Boys I've Loved Before #3
Author: Jenny Han
Published May 4th 2017 by Scholastic

Goodreads Synopsis
Lara Jean is having the best senior year. And there’s still so much to look forward to: a class trip to New York City, prom with her boyfriend Peter, Beach Week after graduation, and her dad’s wedding to Ms. Rothschild. Then she’ll be off to college with Peter, at a school close enough for her to come home and bake chocolate chip cookies on the weekends.

Life couldn’t be more perfect!

At least, that’s what Lara Jean thinks…until she gets some unexpected news.

Now the girl who dreads change must rethink all her plans—but when your heart and your head are saying two different things, which one should you listen to?
Goodreads

Review
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher. This in no way impacted on my view.

I really enjoyed the first two books in this series, so when I heard there would be a third book, I knew I needed to read it, and was overjoyed when Scholastic offered me a review copy. However, I just found myself disappointed in the book, and I don't know if that's because I'd grown up, and Lara Jean still felt extremely childish, even though she was now looking at what university to go to, and preparing for the 'real' world. Most of this book just seemed like filler material, with no real plot or story arc taking place. Everything, except the option of university, just fell into place, with no conflict or anything. Really, I sort of wish this book didn't exist. Like I said, I was happy with the first two books, and would've been more than fine with a duology, rather than a trilogy. I mean, considering this book was so simple, and easy, it still took me a week to read it, which isn't like me with contemporary books that I enjoy. I don't know if I could recommend this series now, with how disappointing the finale was, unless you stop at book 2, and ignore this book completely - then I could get on board!


Dates Read:
May 21-28, 2017

Rating
3 Stars

You Might Also Like

0 comments