Waiting on Wednesday: Caraval (Caraval #1) by Stephanie Garber

10:00

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pick is:

Caraval
Series: Caraval #1
Author: Stephanie Garber
Published January 31st 2017 by Hodder & Stoughton

Goodreads Summary
Two sisters bound by love and a father they fear escape their tiny, secluded island for the wondrous performance of Caraval, where the audience plays along in a mysterious and magical game of determining what's real and what's fantasy. And where only one sister might be brave enough to win the ultimate prize of 'an impossible wish'...

Scarlett Dragna has never left the tiny isle of Trisda, pining from afar for the wonder of Caraval, a once-a-year week-long performance where the audience participates in the show.

Caraval is Magic. Mystery. Adventure. And for lonely Scarlett, it represents freedom, an escape from her abusive father and from her own dark past.

Still, Scarlett is too scared of her father to leave Trisda. Until she is kidnapped by her wild younger sister Donatella and a dangerous yet oh-so-seductive sailor named Julian and taken to the mystical Isla de los Suenos, the site of this year's Caraval. When they arrive, her sister immediately disappears. Since protecting Tella is all she knows, Scarlett is forced to join forces with Julian and find her before the evil Master of Caraval does...

Why I'm waiting:
  • I was lucky enough to get an ARC of this book, and found it like nothing I've never read it before. I don't honestly know what I was expecting, but this wasn't it, and I can't wait to read book 2.
Are you waiting for this book? Have you already read it? Let me know :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I'm glad you've read this book! I absolutely love the UK cover and would love to somehow hunt down a UK arc. I've read this one and I really liked it. I'm thinking I should preorder a copy. :D Great choice, Sophie!

    Have a wonderful week. =)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete