ARC Review: End Game (Kings of Campus #1) by Monica Murphy

10:00

End Game
Series: Kings of Campus #1
Author: Monica Murphy
Published September 17th 2024 by Montlake

Goodreads Synopsis
In this fun, sexy college romance, a transfer student finds herself living in a house full of football players—and falling for the one she knows she shouldn’t want.

Everleigh

Transferring to UC Santa Mira is supposed to be my ultimate college experience—until housing falls through at the last minute. So when I overhear a group of guys complaining they need another roommate, I jump at the opportunity.

They’re just football players. Even if one of them makes me weak in the knees, it doesn’t mean anything unless I let it. And I won’t.

We want different things. Wanting each other doesn’t change that.

Nico

It’s my senior year and final season with the Santa Mira Dolphins. The last thing I need is a distraction, but that’s exactly what this girl is. Ever is too leggy, too gorgeous, too thoughtful—and a whole lot of too much that gets under my skin.

I guess I get under hers too. I can’t help myself.

We live together. That alone makes it a bad idea…but I never could resist a little trouble.
Goodreads

Review
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher, via NetGalley. This in no way impacted on my view.

Everleigh may have just made the biggest mistake of her life. Transferring to a new college in her junior year was always going to be tough, but having her housing fall through, her car broken into, and nowhere left to turn, she's all out of options. Luckily, she overhears 3 footballers say they need to find a new roommate, and manages to convince them to let her move in. She's finally found her feet, and her new roommates are great. The only problem is her growing crush on Nico, the one guy she should never want, but can't stop thinking about.

I've started getting into sports romances, and the synopsis for this one drew me in. I really liked the camaraderie between the household, and the secondary characters. Everleigh arrived at UC Santa Mira not knowing anyone, but the guys fully accepted her. Coop was like an older brother, and his sister, Sienna, became a great friend quickly. Dollar had a crush which was a little annoying at first, but he and Everleigh talked it over, and there were no hard feelings. With Nico though, it was different. He was a definite player, and against her moving in at first, because he was worried a girl in the house would change everything. And though she did, all her changes were for the better. Nico was definitely a character who needed someone like Everleigh in his life, and to get his head out of his ass and realise what he had in front of him. He was too used to getting it all on a platter, and Everleigh made him work for it, and consider a future, rather than just a one time thing. The secondary plot line of Sienna and Gavin was interesting, and I hope that they have a book soon.

Dates Read:
April 12-13, 2024

Rating
3 Stars

You Might Also Like

0 comments