ARC Review: Off Center (Varsity Girlfriends #2) by M.F. Lorson

10:00

Off Center
Series: Varsity Girlfriends #2
Author: M.F. Lorson
Published March 12th 2019

Goodreads Synopsis
I knew exactly what I wanted out of my senior year.

A full ride to Northwestern University, the title of American High School Journalist of the year, and a kiss, not just any kiss, but one from the boy I've been in love with since the sixth grade.

By October, my plan was fully in motion with liplock by Christmas Imminent. Imminent, that was, until Andie Mercantile moved to Marlowe Junction, swooping both my beat and my man.

Now, I'm stuck writing the sports column--a subject I know nothing about. My goals aren't unobtainable, but they will take a lot more work. Just because a sports writer has never won journalist of the year before, doesn't mean it can't be done. And as for the kissing part, I'm not counting myself out just yet.

After all, maybe learning a bit about competition is just what I need.

Off Center is the second book in the Varsity Girlfriends series.
Goodreads

Review
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher, via NetGalley. This in no way impacted on my view.

I had really enjoyed the first book in this series, Courtside Crush, and when this one became available to request, I immediately did. In Off Center, we follow Lane as she joins the school's paper, and hopes to use her articles to win American High School Journalist of the Year. When the new girl, Andie, turns up, Lane is bumped down to the sports column, and now has to write about teams, and games, that she knows absolutely nothing about. Luckily, Hunter Mackey is on hand to help her, and and she just might be able to get her goals back on track.

This book was definitely cute and a quick read. I liked Lane, and her romance with Hunter, and was invested in them getting together. Again, this is about basketball, which I still don't know much about, but I liked how it was explored by someone who, like me, didn't know the sport, and with someone who did know it. Though not as enjoyable a book as Courtside Crush, definitely one I'm glad I read.

Dates Read:
April 14, 2019

Rating
3 Stars

You Might Also Like

0 comments