ARC Review: Courtside Crush (Varsity Girlfriends #1) by Kayla Tirrell

10:00

Courtside Crush
Series: Kayla Tirrell
Author: Varsity Girlfriends #1
Published February 12th 2019

Goodreads Synopsis
So much for senior year being the best part of high school.

It all started when I caught my boyfriend cheating on me.

I did what any girl would do — I got revenge. Of course, it didn’t stop there. Thanks to a condemning video, I also got eight weeks of community service and athletic probation right before basketball season is supposed to start. (There goes my spot as captain!)

Thankfully, there’s a guy at Marlowe Junction’s Helping Hands who makes passing the time more enjoyable. He’s gorgeous, funny, and a huge basketball fan.

Too bad he’s also my brother’s biggest enemy…

Courtside Crush is a modern-day retelling of Romeo and Juliet, perfect for anyone who likes their sweet romance with a dash of drama. It is the first book in the Varsity Girlfriends series.
Goodreads

Review
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher, via NetGalley. This in no way impacted on my view.

After discovering her boyfriend - now ex-boyfriend - had been cheating on her, and getting revenge, Charlie finds herself in community service and on athletic probation when video is released of her keying ‘cheating scumbag’ into his car. While doing her community service at Marlowe Junction’s Helping Hands, she meets Jackson, who loves basketball as much as she does. The problem? Jackson is the arch nemesis of Preston, Charlie's brother, and spending any time with him, let alone falling for him will ruin her relationship with Preston. Keeping it a secret is becoming more of a struggle, and this modern day Romeo and Juliet is bound to turn out badly.

I really enjoyed this book. Now, I know absolutely nothing about basketball, and don't really care to learn anything, but this book spoke about it in a way that anyone could like it. Charlie was a fantastic main character, and though her actions had landed her in hot water, it was understandable why she did it, and she really did repent for her actions through her charity work.  Meeting Jackson really helped her grow, though her secret keeping was something that I wanted to shake her for at times. I understood it, but still, it lead to what might've been unnecessary drama. Jackson was sweet, and his and Charlie's relationship was definitely cute and just what I wanted when I read it. All in all, a nice and fluffy contemporary romance.

Dates Read:
February 17, 2019

Rating
4 Stars

You Might Also Like

0 comments