ARC Review: She's With Me (She's With Me #1) by Jessica Cunsolo

10:00

She's With Me
Series: She's With Me #1
Author: Jessica Cunsolo
Published January 7th 2020 by Wattpad Books

Goodreads Synopsis
Jessica Cunsolo’s She’s with Me is a kaleidoscope of modern day teen romance, revenge thriller, and over-the-top excitement. It’s Mean Girls meets Gone Girl meets The Client, as the story twists and turns around its fierce female lead, leading to a heart-racing cliffhanger . . .

Telling the truth is sometimes harder than keeping a secret…

Standing out as the new girl is hard enough, but add in Amelia Collins’s dangerous past, and her life depends on sneaking through senior year unnoticed. But when she crashes into the school’s most infamous heartthrob, Aiden Parker, on her first day, she’s suddenly on everyone’s radar, and as Amelia becomes immersed in a new group of friends, keeping a low profile won’t be an option—even if it’s a necessity.
Goodreads

Review
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher, via NetGalley. This in no way impacted on my view.

I will admit that this book was a cover lust request, and I had absolutely no idea of what I would be getting as I started it, but I was blown over with it. In She's With Me, we follow new girl Amelia, as she is trying to fit in at a new school, get through senior year unscathed, after running from her past. She wants to fly under the radar, but when she crashes into the hottie of the school, Aiden, everyone knows who she is, and she is soon rocketed to the top of the school's social hierarchy. She's loving the way she has fit in at school, but there's always the secret she has to keep hidden, and the more she is with Aiden, the more she wants to open up to him, but it's not safe, for either of them. Will she manage to survive the year, or will her past catch up to her.

Like I said, when I started the book, I was not expecting the way it went. I kind of thought it would be the usual, run of the mill, contemporary book, that would be fun at the time, but wouldn't really stay with me. Well, was I in for a shock? Amelia isn't even her real name, and she's running from a killer, hell bent on making her suffer for something that was wholly out of her control. This isn't the first time she's had to change schools, change identities, everything, but it is the first time that she's really felt comfortable being the new her, and wishes she could be honest with everyone. Her and Aiden were cute together, and had such banter and chemistry that I wasn't surprised they struggled to stay away from each other. Yeah, okay, there are some eye rolling moments in the book, but all in all, it was dead enjoyable, and I can't believe that's how it ended! I hope to read book 2 very, very soon!

Dates Read:
December 7-8, 2019

Rating
4 Stars

You Might Also Like

0 comments