Review: Taken by Storm (Raised by Wolves #3) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

10:00

Taken by Storm
Series: Raised by Wolves #3
Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Published June 7th 2012 by Quercus

Goodreads Synopsis
Bryn knows first-hand that being the alpha of a werewolf pack means making hard decisions, and that being human makes things 1000 times worse. She's prepared to give up her humanity, but the wolf who promised to change her is waiting - though for what, Bryn doesn't know.
Goodreads

Review
After loving the first two books in this series, I was a bit apprehensive going into Taken By Storm, because I was just thinking, would it live up to my expectations? After Bryn overcame the challenge to her role as Alpha, and leading to Maddy leaving the pack, she's worried about what will come next. When Callum rings and lets her know that rival Alpha, Shay, would be calling a meeting of all of the Alpha's, and she needs to be ready. When it's announced that there's another Rabid on the loose, and Maddy might somehow be involved, Bryn has to use everything she has in order to protect her pack, and herself.

I did enjoy this book, but found myself sort of skimming over some bits of it. Everything was very serious, and full of angst and drama, so it was a hard book at times. I enjoyed the drama, for the most part, but some bits felt a bit too long, and could've been dealt with a lot quicker. Unlike a lot of reviewers, a thing that happened in this book didn't bother me too much, because I kind of sort it coming, but for a finale to a trilogy, I still have some questions and disappointments.

Dates Read:
February 4-5, 2020

Rating
3 Stars

You Might Also Like

0 comments