ARC Review: The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick

10:00

The Boy Most Likely To
Series: None
Author: Huntley Fitzpatrick
Published June 9th 2016 by Electric Monkey 

Goodreads Synopsis
Tim Mason was The Boy Most Likely To find the drinks cabinet blindfolded, need a liver transplant, and drive his car into a house.


Alice Garrett was The Girl Most Likely To . . . well, not date her little brother’s baggage-burdened best friend, for starters.

For Tim, it wouldn’t be smart to fall for Alice. For Alice, nothing could be scarier than falling for Tim. But Tim has never been known for making the smart choice, and Alice is starting to wonder if the “smart” choice is always the right one. When these two crash into each other, they crash hard . . .
Goodreads

Review
See my reviews of book 1, My Life Next Door/My Life Next Door.

I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher via NetGalley. This in no way impacted on my view.

I'd been waiting to read this book for ages now. It was first published in the US last year, but when I discovered Egmont were publishing the books in the UK, I decided I could wait until then. 

A companion to My Life Next Door, The Boy Most Likely To follows Tim Mason, who's life is a wreck, to be honest. He's an alcoholic, a high school drop out, and doesn't really have much going for him. Alice Garrett, on the other hand, has a plan - she's going to get out of town, and become a nurse. When Tim ends up being kicked out of home, and moving into the Garrett's garage, where Alice was meant to move, they butt heads, a lot. It would be a mistake for both of them to fall for one another, but that's just what happens. However, it's not all cute and fluffy, as Tim finds himself facing something - I don't want to spoil - that takes just about everything he has.

When I picked up this book, I was expecting a nice, fluffy read, with some drama chucked in - like My Life Next Door. That wasn't the case. I enjoyed the book, but didn't love it. It was a bit too angsty for my liking. Tim and Alice were wonderful characters, but we saw more of Tim than we did Alice, and I would've like a more even split. I enjoyed how Tim really grew up throughout the course of the book, mainly because of his situation, but it was all for the better.

The Garrett family, whom we all love, were as amazing as ever. With Mr Garrett still recovering from his crash, and Mrs Garrett pregnant, Tim and Alice end up taking more and more responsibility, which throws them together. I enjoyed their romance, but it didn't feel smooth, if you know what I mean. At times, it felt sort of forced, and I didn't enjoy reading it as much as I had Sam and Jase. 

All in all, I did enjoy The Boy Most Likely To, but didn't love it. If you've read My Life Next Door, I'd recommend it, but be warned it's not all cupcakes and sweetness - it has some proper strong, angsty moments.

Dates Read:
June 29-30, 2016

Rating
4 Stars


You Might Also Like

0 comments