Review: Resistance (Night School #4) by C.J. Daugherty

10:00

Resistance
Series: Night School #4
Author: C.J. Daugherty
Published June 5th 2014 by Atom

Goodreads Synopsis
After months on the run, Allie returns to Cimmeria Academy to find the school in turmoil. The atmosphere is thick with danger. Overshadowing it all is Nathaniel. He is close – very close – to getting everything he wants.
A secret civil war is tearing the British political elite apart. And Allie’s family is in the thick of it. Both sides want her. She knows Nathaniel will take her by any means necessary. But she is determined to fight him to the end.
Her friends are ready to stand by her – even to die for her. But if anything happens to them she won’t be able to live with herself.
The fightback starts here. Everything is at stake now. The winner takes all…
Goodreads

Review
See my reviews for previous books:
Night School (#1)
Legacy (#2)
Fracture (#3)

Resistance is by far my favourite instalment in the Night School series so far, though Endgame could take that place in June.

After the action packed ending of Fracture, I was not expecting Resistance to start so intense. From the get go we are thrust into the action, and the whole book is fast paced. 

In this book we finally discover who the spy at Cimmeria was, and I was very surprised by which person it was. Allie starts to learn who she can trust around school, and I definitely liked the group dynamic between the friends she can trust.

As I said the action was greater in this book, and we've finally reached a stage where the end is in sight, but which side it will favour is still unknown. Personally, I like the uncertainty of it all, but the ending was so unexpected and sudden, that I'm not sure how I'll be able to wait until June to read Endgame.

I've always been a member of Team Carter, and I've got to say this book was perfect for my team. I still like the Allie/Sylvain dynamic, but see them more as a brOTP than an OTP.

Everyone should read this series, it has beautiful writing and a fantastic plot line!

Dates Read:
March 30 to April 1, 2015

Rating
5 Stars 

You Might Also Like

0 comments