ARC Review: Mafiosa (Blood for Blood #3) by Catherine Doyle

10:00

Mafiosa
Series: Blood for Blood #3
Author: Catherine Doyle
Published January 5th 2017 by Chicken House

Goodreads Summary
A blood war rages on the streets of Chicago.

Protected by an infamous mafia family, Sophie is living a dangerous lie, pretending to lead a normal life. But the deceit can’t last for ever. Her heart belongs to a killer and Sophie’s the prime target of a rival clan. She’s determined to seek revenge on her mother’s murderers, but can she pay the price – can she be a mafiosa?

The third and final instalment in the explosive YA Blood for Blood series which started with Vendetta and Inferno. 

Review
See my reviews of:
 - Vendetta (#1)
 - Inferno (#2)

I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher. This in no way impacted on my view.

This series quickly became a favourite of mine when I first read Vendetta. Deeply within the mafia world of Chicago, our MC, Sophie, now knows that she is a member of the Marino crime family, the family that her friends, the Falcones, want to kill. She's gone to the Falcones, and Luca, in particular, for help and protection, now that she has no one left. As she becomes a fully fledged member, she is torn between wanting to kill her own family members, and doing what Nic thinks is right, and keeping a grip on her humanity, something that brings her closer to Luca. The stakes grow until it is seriously a case of life and death.

Firstly, when I heard I was getting an ARC of this book, I nearly squealed - but I restrained myself, as I was sat in Starbucks at the time. As soon as the book arrived, I immediately started it, and only put it down when I had to go to work. I knew I would be be somewhat sad reading the book, as it was the finale, but I honestly couldn't have asked for a better ending.

Mafiosa is even better than its prequels, something I didn't think could be possible. We know the characters now, and are invested in what happens to them. Sophie and Luca remain my faves, as they have been in all three books, and I just knew that as long as they were alright, I would be happy. It was touch and go at times, but I pretty much always had a smile on my face whenever the two of them had scenes together. I don't know if I've ever shipped two people as much as I have for these two!

The plot was off the chains. Everything in Vendetta and Inferno had been leading up to the final battle, and Cat did not disappoint. The story kept me on the edge of my seat on every page, and even with all of the twists and turns, I kept up. It wasn't over the top, but it was just the right amount of action, if you know what I mean? I was never bored, and was invested in every single thing that happened until the very last moment. Everything was tied up, and I honestly couldn't have asked for a better ending.

Seriously, if you haven't read any of the books in this series, what have you been doing?! Get on it, ASAP! I look forward to reading more from Cat in the future.


Dates Read:
November 28-30, 2016

Rating
5 Stars

You Might Also Like

0 comments