Review: Inferno (Blood for Blood #2) by Catherine Doyle

10:00

Inferno
Series: Blood for Blood #2
Author: Catherine Doyle
Published January 7th 2016 by Chicken House

Goodreads Synopsis
Romeo and Juliet meets The Godfather in the second installment of Catherine Doyle's Blood for Blood series.

Sophie's life has been turned upside-down, and she's determined to set things right. But Nic, the Falcone brother who represents everything she's trying to forget, won't give up on their love - and it's Luca's knife she clutches for comfort. Soon another mafia clan spoils the fragile peace - and with her heart drawn in one direction and her blood in another, Sophie's in deeper than ever.
Goodreads

Review
See my review of book 1, here

For some reason, I've had this on my shelves since January gathering dust, and never got around to reading it. When I moved home after finishing my final year at university, I decided to pick it up, and so wish I had months earlier. 

Taking place just after the events of Vendetta, Inferno picks up with Sophie struggling to come to terms with her injuries, and her involvement with the seedy underbelly of Chicago's gang landscape. Understandably, she's suffering from PTSD, and nothing can calm her down, except from Luca's penknife that she clings to. The plot started right from the get go, and there was never any let up in the action. Now that Sophie knows about her family's involvement and connection to the Falcone family, she finds herself discovering more about herself, and growing so much.

I love Sophie - just love her. All throughout the book, and this series, she has grown more and more as a character. Yes, she's struggled, and she's suffered, but she doesn't let that define her. She's the best protagonist you could ask for, and I seriously can't wait to see what becomes of her in book 3, Mafiosa.

The romantic aspect was swoony. I had liked Nic in book 1, but had always been intrigued by Luca, and he definitely won out as the best choice for Sophie in Inferno. Every moment they spent together, I had a huge smile on my face, and even when it got all angsty, I was still somewhat happy, because they were together.

The ending of the book killed me, like, I need Mafiosa tomorrow, if not yesterday. Like I said, the plot was there from the get go, and even at the end, it was getting more and more exciting. I don't know how Doyle does it, but I was hooked from the start, and didn't see all the twists and turns coming. I'm under no illusion that the plot line in Mafiosa will exceed everything we've seen before.

Dates Read:
June 12, 2016

Rating

5 Stars  

You Might Also Like

0 comments