ARC Review: T-Minus by Shannon Greenland

10:00

T-Minus
Series: None
Author: Shannon Greenland
Published August 6th 2019 by Entangled: Teen

Goodreads Synopsis
A terror with no answer needs a girl with no limits.

I am the daughter of the first female POTUS, and today is about to become the longest day of my life…

24 hours—that’s how much time I have to save my mother before terrorists assassinate her. But now my father and brother are missing, too. This goes deeper than anyone thinks. Only someone on the inside would know how to pull this off—how to make the entire First Family disappear.

I can’t trust anyone, so it’s up to me to uncover the conspiracy and stop these madmen. Because little do they know, they picked the wrong person to terrorize.

My name is Sophie Washington, and I will not be a victim. No one, I repeat no one, is taking me or my family down. But the clock is ticking…
Goodreads

Review
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher via NetGalley. This in no way impacted on my view.

This book was one that I read on one of the sea days on my cruise last year, and it was such a quick and easy read. Being the daughter of the first female President, Sophie is no stranger to how dangerous her life may be. Her and her brother have been taught everything that the experts think they need to know to protect themselves, but when the First Family are warned of an imminent threat, and told they need to bunker down in different locations for safety, Sophie doesn't trust this is right, and skips her 'protection' in order to find her brother, who she discovers is missing. Using all of her know how, and with a little help from her friends, she goes off the grid, and has less that 24 hours to save her entire family.

Like I said, this book was a quick read, and that was partially because of how fast paced it was. It starts off a little slow, with us meeting the family, and seeing the issue for the first time, but then as the tension racks up, so does the speed of the action, and the plot. Sophie is mainly level headed for most of the book, and when she has a wobble - quite understandable with the amount of death and destruction she is seeing - she relies on her friends, who are there for her, no matter what. Yeah, it was a bit unbelievable that this rag tag group of teenagers - albeit very clever and skilled teens - were able to stop the terrorists when the actual government agencies - CIA, etc. - were struggling, but all in all, a proper enjoyable read, which hooked me from the first until the very end.

Dates Read:
August 20, 2019

Rating
4 Stars

You Might Also Like

0 comments