ARC Review: Prince in Disguise by Stephanie Kate Strohm

10:00

Prince in Disguise
Series: None
Author: Stephanie Kate Strohm
Published December 19th 2017 by Disney-Hyperion

Goodreads Synopsis
Someday I want to live in a place where I never hear “You’re Dusty’s sister?” ever again.
Life is real enough for Dylan—especially as the ordinary younger sister of Dusty, former Miss Mississippi and the most perfect, popular girl in Tupelo. But when Dusty wins the hand of the handsome Scottish laird-to-be Ronan on the TRC television network’s crown jewel, Prince in Disguise, Dylan has to face a different kind of reality: reality TV.

As the camera crew whisks them off to Scotland to film the lead-up to the wedding, camera-shy Dylan is front and center as Dusty’s maid of honor. The producers are full of surprises—including old family secrets, long-lost relatives, and a hostile future mother-in-law who thinks Dusty and Dylan’s family isn’t good enough for her only son. At least there’s Jamie, an adorably bookish groomsman who might just be the perfect antidote to all Dylan’s stress . . . if she just can keep TRC from turning her into the next reality show sensation.
Goodreads

Review
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher via NetGalley. This in no way impacted on my view.

I won a copy of this book on Twitter, and even if I hadn’t, it was already on my radar and wish list because of the royalty aspect to it. When it arrived, I simply couldn’t put it down, because of how fantastic it was. Dylan has been sent to Scotland (all royalty books seem to happen in Scotland lately), as her sister, Dusty, was the winner of a reality show - very like the Bachelor - and is now engaged to a Scottish lord, Ronan. The tv show want to film everything, and as the maid of honour, Dylan has to get used to the limelight, and all of the traditions and rules that come with both the Scottish aristocracy, and being a reality tv star. Luckily, one of Ronan's friends, Jamie, is on hand to help guide Dylan through everything, even if TRC want them two to be the next showbiz couple.

I just loved this book, and it's another one I couldn't put down once I had started it. Everything about it was swoony, and even though it was quite predictable, that didn't discount from the fun. Dylan and Jamie's relationship was quite a slow burn, friends-to-lovers, sort of relationship, but the chemistry was there from the get go, and whenever they were on the page together, I was proper smiling and giggling to myself - not like me, at all! I was pleasantly happy, and surprised, that even though Dylan and Dusty were polar opposites, that didn't mean they hated each other, and actually really cared about each other, and would do about anything in order to protect the other. Because of this book, I've gone out and bought more of Stepahnie's books, and definitely think she's an author who'll be on my auto-buy list before long.


Dates Read:
August 8, 2017

Rating
4 Stars

You Might Also Like

0 comments