ARC Review: Forever Geek (Geek Girl #6) by Holly Smale

10:00

Forever Geek
Series: Geek Girl #6
Author: Holly Smale
Published March 9th 2017 by Harper Collins Children’s Books

Goodreads Synopsis
My name is Harriet Manners and I’ll be a geek forever…

Harriet Manners knows almost every fact there is.

Modelling isn’t a sure-fire route to popularity. Neither is making endless lists. The people you love don’t expect you to transform into someone else. Statistically, you are more likely to not meet your Australian ex-boyfriend in Australia than bump into him there.

So on the trip of a lifetime Down Under Harriet’s to-do lists are gone and it’s Nat’s time to shine! Yet with nearly-not-quite-boyfriend Jasper back home, Harriet’s completely unprepared to see supermodel ex Nick. Is the fashion world about to turn ugly for GEEK GIRL?

It’s time for Harriet to face the future. Time to work out where her heart lies. To learn how to let go…
Goodreads

Review
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher via NetGalley. This in no way impacted on my view.

The Geek Girl series is one of my all time favourite UKYA book series, and even though I was sad that the finale was soon to be published, I was overjoyed at the chance to read an early copy, and dove straight right in.

In the final instalment, we see Harriet trying to balance her new boyfriend, Jasper, with her home life, as well as her fledging modelling career, which is neigh on going down the pan. When her final chance to succeed leads to a trip down-under, complete with best friend Nat, and wacky grandma, Bunty, she was sure there'd be no chance she'd run into her ex-boyfriend, Lion Face himself, Nick, because, well, Australia is a really big country. Isn't it? Obviously, that didn't happen, but Harriet has other things to deal with, especially when she believes someone close to them both is sick, and she can't do anything about it.

Let me tell you, I honestly think this was my favourite book out of the entire series. Harriet has stolen a part of my heart, and I don't think I'll ever me able to get it back. We've seen her develop, and grow, into the best person ever, someone who hasn't lost her ow wackiness and originality, and her geekiness. I truly wish I either was her, or knew someone like her when I grew up. Everything about her is so commendable, and I really believe this series is perfect for everyone, no matter gender or age. We should all read this series.

I think most people know who my favourite love interest for Harriet was, though she is a strong independent woman who don't need no man. I was really happy with this series, and how much of the time Harriet realised she was perfect on her own, and needed to understand herself, before she was truly ready for someone else. That being said, there were a lot of cute moments in the book in which I couldn't keep a smile off my face because of how shippy it was.

I honestly could not have asked for a better ending to this series. Small has completed the series, full circle, and Harriet is the best person she can be. Nothing has been left unanswered that needed solving, and I have absolutely no complaints about anything in this series. I'm sad that this is the end of Geek Girl but look forward to more from the author in the future. If you, or someone close to yo hasn't read this series yet, what are you playing at?! Get on it right away!


Dates Read:
January 25-26, 2017

Rating
5 Stars

You Might Also Like

0 comments