Review: Unmarked (The Legion #2) by Kami Garcia

10:00


Unmarked
Series: The Legion #2
Author: Kami Garcia
Published September 11th 2014 by Simon & Schuster Childrens Books

Goodreads Synopsis
The heart-pounding sequel to the instant New York Times bestseller, Unbreakable, by New York Times bestselling Beautiful Creatures co-author Kami Garcia.
He is here... and he could be anyone.
Kennedy Waters lives in a world where vengeance spirits kill, ghosts keep secrets, and a demon walks among us–a demon she accidentally set free. 
Now Kennedy and the other Legion members–Alara, Priest, Lukas, and Jared–have to hunt him down. As they learn more about the history of the Legion and the Illuminati, Kennedy realizes that the greatest mystery of all does not belong to any secret order, but to her own family. With the clock ticking and the life of someone she loves hanging in the balance, Kennedy has to ask the question she fears most: what is it about her past that has left her Unmarked?
Goodreads

Review
Unmarked has been one of my most anticipated reads for 2014, and I can safely say it did not disappoint!

This book began where the previous novel, Unbreakable, left off, and we were thrown right back into the action. In the previous novel, Kennedy had been feeling like an outsider and this is a recurring theme throughout this instalment. Some questions that were asked in Unbreakable were answered in Unmarked, though we also have many new questions that will make us begging for what appears to be an exciting 3rd book.

The relationship between Kennedy and Jared was just so cute, and every moment between them from their first encounter has had me squealing and feeling all the feels. I am desperate for the next book to discover how they can overcome the (fairly large) problems they have encountered so far. Kennedy's relationships with the other characters, some we knew already, and some newcomers, were amazing to see, as I feel we saw Kennedy grow from the girl we met at the beginning of the series. 

I personally can not wait for the next book in this series, when that will be I don't know (goodreads has no information as of yet) but as soon as I find out it will right on my most anticipated 2015 list.

Dates Read:
October 2 to 3, 2014

Rating
5 Stars 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I haven't started this series, but I have been meaning to, I haven't read anything by either author since Beautiful Creatures series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series is so much better than Beautiful Creatures, in my opinion. I read the first book of Margaret Stohl's other series, but it wasn't as good as these books. I'm really looking forward to her Black Widow book though.

      Delete