Top 15 books I read in 2015

11:00

Hi guys! I can't believe that 2015 is over already. This year has been really amazing, especially considering I started this blog way back in March.

I thought I'd share with you my 15 favourite books I read this year, the majority of which were all published this year too.

- Firstly, I discovered the amazingness that is C.J. Daugherty this year, and marathoned her entire Night School series. I can safely say she is now one of my favourite authors. If you haven't checked out her books, I'd definitely recommend you do :)
Winter was such a bittersweet ending to one of my all time favourite series! I thought the whole story tied up very nicely, and an really happy that we'll still see some of the gang in the novella bind-up, Stars Above, out in 2016.
The Conspiracy of Us was a book I just wasn't expecting. I'll admit, it was a true case of cover lust that got me to buy the book, but the inside was just as gorgeous as the outside. The fact that it follows the descendants of Alexander the Great's successors, the Diadochi, just pleased my classicist heart so much! I'm desperate for the sequel in March.
- I've never read anything by Jodi Meadows before, but after all the glowing reviews The Orphan Queen was getting, I knew I needed this book. I blew me away, and I've already pre-ordered it's sequel. I'm also hoping to get more of her books in the future.
- After reading one disappointing retelling of A Thousand and One Nights, I was pleasantly surprised when I loved The Wrath and the Dawn. The writing style was beautiful, and no matter what, I plan on reading whatever else Ahdieh may write!
- I was a tad scared to read Illuminae, what with all the hype surrounding it. Luckily, it lived up to, and exceeded, all expectations, and was a wonderful start to what I'm guessing will be a brilliant Sci-Fi series.
- I recently reread the first three Princess Diaries books, and when I discovered that Royal Wedding was coming out, I was so excited to return to Mia's world, this time with an adult Mia. This book, and Cabot's new MG series following Mia's lost long sister, were everything a lover of the original series would've wanted, and I'm desperately hoping for more, especially with how Royal Wedding ended.
- I've adored Barnes' The Natural series, and recently fell in love with the ABC show ScandalThe Fixer was just the ticket. I can remember just when I read it. I'd started my third year at uni, and hadn't read a single book in about three weeks, I think. One night, I decided to give this a try, and completed the whole thing in about 4 hours - it was that good!
- If you've read The Falconer, you know what I mean when I was dying to get my hands on The Vanishing Throne. When I saw it on NG, I was in a lecture, and had to silently fangirl inside when I was approved for it. I may have sneakily started reading it in class too - whoops. It didn't suffer the dreaded sophomore slump, and, to me, was even better than the first. Beware of the killer cliffhanger again though, I nearly cried when I realised that's how it ended.
- Firsts was the first 2016 books I read, and if that's what next year is going to be like, we are in for a treat! It had such an Easy A vibe, and didn't slut shame at all. It's the kind of book I think all teenagers, really all people, should read. It's just perfect!
- Now, unless you've been living under a rock for the past few months, you'll will have heard of Truthwitch. I was so intrigued by the story, and couldn't believe when my copy arrived in the post. I have Sooz's other series waiting to be read, and I'll definitely be reading it in 2016 some time. It was a fantastic start, to a fantastic fantasy series and magical world!

Well, I now realise this was quite a long post, thanks for reading it all!
I hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas/holiday season, and have a fantastic New Year! Let me know your favourite books for this year too.


You Might Also Like

0 comments