Review: All Wrapped Up (Geek Girl #1.5) by Holly Smale

10:00

All Wrapped Up
Series: Geek Girl #1.5
Author: Holly Smale
Published November 5th 2015 by HarperCollins Children's Books

Goodreads Synopsis
All I want for Christmas is… a new GEEK GIRL story!

Harriet Manners knows a lot about Christmas.

She knows that every year Santa climbs down 91.8 million chimneys.

She knows that Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer was almost definitely a girl.

She knows that the first artificial Christmas trees were made out of goose feathers.

But this Christmas is extra special for Harriet, because four days ago she had her First Ever Kiss.

Now she just needs to work out what's supposed to happen next…

A romantic festive treat from the internationally bestselling award-winning author of the GEEK GIRL series. Also includes a BONUS previously unpublished GEEK GIRL short story TEAM GEEK!
Goodreads

Review
I wasn't planning on posting a review today, seeing as it's Christmas Eve and all, but when I finished this wonderful Christmassy book, I knew I had to.

Now, Harriet Manner's is utter perfection - even though she isn't perfect. She's the geeky inner self that most teenagers, *cough*me*cough*, try to hide, and she's not afraid to let everyone know she's a geek. In this novella, she's excited for two very special reasons: firstly, it's days until Christmas and school has broken up for the holiday's; secondly, she's just had her first kiss ever, and it was with the swoony Lion Boy of all people. If you know me, and have read my review of book 4, All That Glitters, you'll know I love Lion Boy Nick, and was gutted when he wasn't in the last instalment. To have this story was just the thing I needed.

In true Harriet fashion, she over thinks everything, and uses maths, science, etc. to explain what is happening, post kiss, and even plans out perfectly what will happen next. Unfortunately, due to a slight mix up, she's left thinking Nick hasn't been contacting her, but, thank god, they get it all sorted. Their very first date was perfect, and I was sat with a permanent fangirling grin on my face reading the book. I honestly think I may have devoured the book - I read it in less than an hour, I'd say. 

We met all our favourite characters again: Harriet and Nick (obviously), Nat, Toby, Dad, Annabel - but not baby Tabitha, she's still cooking :p. I also loved the fact it wasn't all story. We have the usual little lists of facts that we love about Harriet, but always her letter, and her dad's, to Santa, her present questionnaire, and even Toby's 'how well do you know Harriet Manners' quiz. I liked having more to Harriet's whole story, and can't wait to read the summer novella when it is released.

To end this review, I'm just going to say, I loved it all! I love Harriet, I love Lion Boy, I love the whole cast of misfits, and I just love the story. Basically, everyone should read it - ASAP!!! In the immortal words of Toby Pilgrim: 'Why is Harriet Manners so amazing? She's Harriet Manners.'

Dates Read:
December 18 2015

Rating

5 Stars  

You Might Also Like

0 comments