Waiting on Wednesday: Jesse's Girl (Hundred Oaks #6) by Miranda Kenneally

10:00

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pick is:

Jesse's Girl
Series: Hundred Oaks #6
Author: Miranda Kenneally
Published July 7th 2015 by Sourcebooks Fire

Goodreads Summary
Practice Makes Perfect.

Everyone at Hundred Oaks High knows that career mentoring day is a joke. So when Maya Henry said she wanted to be a rock star, she never imagined she’d get to shadow *the* Jesse Scott, Nashville’s teen idol.

But spending the day with Jesse is far from a dream come true. He’s as gorgeous as his music, but seeing all that he’s accomplished is just a reminder of everything Maya’s lost: her trust, her boyfriend, their band, and any chance to play the music she craves. Not to mention that Jesse’s pushy and opinionated. He made it on his own, and he thinks Maya’s playing back up to other people’s dreams. Does she have what it takes to follow her heart—and go solo? 
Goodreads

Why I'm waiting:
  • I'm feeling like I need to read a lot more YA Contemporary novels, especially in the summer time, and Kenneally's Hundred Oaks series quickly became a favourite of mine last summer.
  • The synopsis seems like absolute perfection, and I'm sure Maya and Jesse will be the best protagonists for this plot line.
Are you waiting for this book? Have you already read it? Let me know :)

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I haven't read any in this series yet but sounds like a great pick-- hope you get a chance to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series is really amazing, I'd definitely recommend it if you like contemporary YA

      Delete
  2. It's such a wonderful and FUN book! I hope you love it. It made me so happy to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it'll make me happy too. I can't wait to get home and start reading it :)

      Delete